A Happy New Year from our Chain | Cohn | Stiles family to yours! As Maya Angelou said, “The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change.”
Before we move ahead, we wanted to share some law firm news and notes from 2017 with you:
- It was a year of awards and achievements at Chain | Cohn | Stiles. Here are just a few:
- Associate attorney Beatriz was named “Young Workers’ Compensation Lawyer of the Year” by the State Bar.
- The law firm received a “Kern Green Award” for going above and beyond to make a positive environmental impact in Kern County.
- For the fifth year straight, the law firm was voted among the “Best of Kern County” in the “Best Law Firm” category, as was managing partner David K. Cohn for “Best Lawyer”.
- Milton Younger, a former esteemed attorney and partner who spent 53 years at the law firm, died in September. We remember his legacy.
- The fourth annual “Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash,” presented by Chain | Cohn | Stiles, brought together 1,000-plus and raised over $80,000 to fight against DUI crimes locally.
Today, hard work continues at the law firm, including the following:
- We filed a lawsuit recently in the case of Tatyana Hargrove, an African-American teenage victim of police brutality this past summer, which received national attention.
- Several new laws went into effect on Jan. 1 impacting roadway safety, including marijuana in vehicles, BAC limits for Uber drivers, and more.
- Inclusion Films, a film workshop for adults with developmental disabilities, produced a powerful 30-second video as part of the law firm’s community sponsorship of the vocational program.
Looking ahead into 2018, please join us in the following:
- Voting in the 2018 “Best of Kern County” poll begins Jan. 16 and runs until Jan. 28, and we’re proud to share that we’ve been nominated once again. We wholeheartedly appreciate your vote and support.
- We’re the presenting sponsor for the 2018 Bakersfield “Walk Like MADD & MADD Dash”, which will be held Sept. 29, at Park at River Walk. Join us in the ongoing fight against DUI crimes.
- Keep up with Chain | Cohn | Stiles activities throughout the year by following our various social media pages listed below, as well as our blog, Blogging For Justice.
Finally, we all wish you a healthy and happy 2018!
All the best,
* NOTICE: Making a false or fraudulent Workers’ Compensation claim is a felony subject to up to 5 years in a prison or a fine of up to $150,000 or double the values of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine.